Blog Archive

How to Sell Things through Classified Advertising

I came across a very funny ad at Craigslist.org, which I'm posting here. I love creative advertising!


Scary Porcelain Dolls
Date: 2007-07-20, 10:24PM PDT

The thing is, I'm afraid of porcelain dolls. I'm esp. afraid of clowns. These are not clowns, they are just very ugly and evil-looking girl dolls with dresses on. I keep them in the garage, because I'm concerned about them animating at night and attacking me while I sleep.


Please take them away.


UPDATE: AS OF 3:30pm on Sunday THEY ARE GONE. HOOORAY!! Thanks for all who wrote in commenting on the funnieness of this post, but seriously, I'm just glad they are gone. A nice gal in a yellow Geo took them away.


______________________________


Some comments
This reminded me of a funny classified ad a friend of mine once placed in a local paper for a cat she had to get rid of...It went something like this:
UGLY OLD CAT FREE. I'm not pretty and I'm also kind of cranky. I used to live outside until I was adopted by a nice lady, but she had a baby and I don't like her. I've had all my shots, but I'm missing some teeth. I sleep most of the day....etc.
My friend received ONE single, solitary phone call from an elderly lady who picked up the cat.

0 comments:

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones