Blog Archive

Glaucoma--A Disease of the Eye Having No Symptoms

My father had glaucoma. So did his mother. It's a disease of the eyes which involves excessive pressure, affects the optic nerve, has no symptoms and is a leading cause of blindness.

For the past 7 years that I've been getting eye exams, I've been considered "borderline" and it's something we've watched. When I recently went for a checkup, the jump in the pressure change was really elevated. I'm returning to the doc next Wednesday for a series of more tests. Proper diagnosis is essential, because the treatment requires daily medicine (in the form of eye drops) which are necessary for the rest of your life.

So... I don't know yet if I have it....but it wouldn't surprise me.

Thought I'd share this. Please get your eyes checked regularly!

1 comments:

doreenmary said...

UPDATE: Follow-up exam...we're going to continue watching every six months. Not clear cut enough to diagnosis, just "suspect".

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones