Blog Archive

Business Travel and Being Bizzy--Reflections

I'm on a week long residency away from home. I've been observing the travelers and hotel guests here. I've been thinking what business travels mean for myself. I'm brought back to my memories of frequent traveling days through the 90's and who I thought I was back then (the facade), and how being out of my routine distracts me enough to forget a lot of stuff in my own backyard, so to speak.

I've noticed the fact that being busy and suddenly "important" commands respect (people phone me and are apologetic not wanting to disturb me, for example).

A person can lose sense of reality if they travel lots, making this almost a lifestyle...forgetting what's important and use travel to escape all innermost "stuff" inside a person.

I don't think it's healthy eating prepared foods and being "on" 24/7.

I think that there are a great many lonely people traveling who are indiscriminately and sadly overly sexual. The opportunities are greater and scarier than once realized.

I think people doing this as road warriors have lost a sense of home and I think that casual travel is quite unnecessary most of the time when phone calls, emails and faxes will suffice.

And definitely, this residency is too long by about 4 days too many.

I want to go home.

0 comments:

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones