Blog Archive

On Hair

Seen on a tee shirt,

"If you're going to ride my ass, at least pull my hair"

Hair. Such a big deal for women and so not for men.

Guys, if you're getting the receding hairline...do not brush forward. We know what you're doing; you're trying to hide the balding areas. Just shave it all off. It's cool. Women like that look.

On women, I used to think over the age of 40, long hair should be given up in favor of a short cute style. Y'ever walk behind a woman with long, flowing blonde hair and from the back you think she's in her 20s UNTIL she turns around and a scary old lady is facing you? It's just not right to have mid-back hair when you're older. That's just my humble opinion. Now, there are a few ageless and timeless women who can pull it off...but they are special.

I've revised my thinking on the short hair for women over 40, however. I've softened a little and think radically short hair is too abrupt on a woman. I think middle aged women should have a style at collar length or just above the shoulders. You see, in this society, men....grrrr...men correlate long locks with sex appeal. I guess they don't want to feel like they are in bed with a man, or they like to run their fingers through a woman's hair (although that's never happened to me).

There's an older woman I work with who takes real good care of herself. I'd say she's in her late 40s or early 50s at the most. She's well dressed, tanned, make-up perfect....but she's got this butch job of a haircut. I was staring at her the other day (unbeknownst to her) in a shallow, judgmental way that even the kindest woman might do in moments of PMS, shallow, "I hate everybody" mood...even me (heh)... I was thinking how really pretty she is and how I bet a lot of men don't give her a second glance just because of the man hair. And I thought to myself, "Self.... don't chop off your hair ever."

I hope I haven't offended anyone, but if I have, I'm certain you'll comment and rip me a new one.

That's all I gots for this fine Friday.

Discuss.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

i had a haircut last night coincidentally and resisted chopping it all off. i still love to wear a pony tail on occasion, and it is just long enough to do that. i got a trim and a shaping and had her leave the length. i also gave in a month ago and washed away the gray after trying to let it go.
i am not ready to throw in the towel. :)

doreenmary said...

Spidey... I color my hair the moment I see a hint of a gray root, about every 4-6 weeks. I can't understand pretty women who DON'T wash away any gray. That's a great pic of you, BTW, and nice hair.

Brenda said...

that is my silly halloween picture i took last year of me in my spiderwoman costume. yes, i am goofy.

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones