Blog Archive

Embracing An Ever Brief Moment of Happiness This Morning.

Early this morning til even now... there is a rolling thunder. No downpour of rain, quite yet, but even at daybreak, the gloom couldn't be broken. It is going to be a long dark dreary day. And to me, this is fine and wonderful. I lingered in bed to hear... The sound of that rolling thunder has a summer sound. I am reminded of younger, sweeter days -- sleeping until noon and dreaming lots. And then there were the days of summer when my family was at its best... boating down the Pithlachascotee River to the "island" where we'd spend the afternoon... until that rolling thunder at late afternoon threatened us... and we headed back home, just making it (or sometimes not) before the summer storm hit.

Rainy Days... if only.... to lay in bed and make love all day. Where did such a thing go? I guess it doesn't matter so much that these times aren't here now, they are etched in my mind and a part of me. I remember times fondly. And they still make happy as if it all happened today...right now.

3 comments:

Roger D. Curry said...

Ah, yes, a rainy day - a day which will wash away your tracks and conceal the almost whispering noises of your movement as you stalk your enemy and kill him.

That's my day. How's yours?

R

mavis sidebottom said...

Roger , sometimes I really worry about you:D Doreen you need a shag love

Brenda said...

i have to agree with mum

and doreen, your post would be a great beginning to a new book.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones