Blog Archive

Really, Really, Really Good News!


Today, a MAJOR MILESTONE (which is kind-of like a leg lamp prize/MAJOR AWARD)... was reached in the progress of my Ph.D. Dissertation.

My Committee approved and signed off on the proposal section of the research... which outlines everything from my topic and hypotheses, my strategy for recruitment of participants for the research, the instruments for assessment, the selected statistical approach, etc.

VERY EXCITING! This pretty much means I get to FLY now... with confidence and a stamp of approval that my ideas aren't flighty, that they have academic merit... to just GO FOR IT!

Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah!!!!

9 comments:

Brenda said...

congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats !!! After reading "leg lamp prize" I just have the urge to type.
YOU'LL SHOOT YOU EYE OUT

Roger D. Curry said...

SUPER

sheila222 said...

Doreen! excellent news.

Jilly said...

Congrats doreen, keep us posted about how it's coming. it seems like a real labor of love and you were so discouraged a few months back, now i'm sure you'll make it.

jilly

Roger D. Curry said...

and I shudder to ask what the hell a leg lamp prize is.

schell said...

Good for you!!!

doreenmary said...

Poor Roger. I'm posting something fun in response (see new blog entry in a minute)...

Doreen

Anonymous said...

So that is to say somebody else out there at a university level understands flighty? Surprise! Well done for what it's "worth"

Also, check out: storyofstuff.com

You will be enlightened. I promise.

Guru :)

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones