Blog Archive

And For My Next Trick....

I have 3 courses left in the PhD program, then I take comp exams and do a dissertation, leading me to the end of 2009 or early 2010.

I have a plan. I want to study for a Masters in Fine Arts in Writing (fiction and non-fiction). With 18 hours into the program, I will be eligible to teach writing and the college where I currently teach has already given me encouragement that there are opportunities for teaching several new courses.

I contacted the top schools (in an analysis by Atlantic Monthly )—these are schools which offer full accreditation, famous authors as instructors, and a comprehensive program with low-residency requirements (two 10-day residencies across two years). I requested info today from these schools: Vermont College of Fine Arts of Union Institute & University (VCFA), Bennington College (Vermont), Pacific University (California), Antioch University (Oregon), and Warren Wilson College (NC).


Very exciting. Will keep you posted.

0 comments:

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones