Blog Archive

Too Many Remote Controllers

I must be the only IDIOT in the world who doesn't know how to turn on my TV. Why so many damn clickers? One for the cable box, one for channel changing, one for volume and the DVD player and the surround sound. It sucks. So I bought this bigass universal remote, but the instructions say you need a PhD in technology to program it. It's ridiculous.

I rarely watch television and that's why. Godfahbit I catch the tail end of American Idol like I wanted to tonight, coming home late from a faculty meeting... Relax to TV? Yea, right. It's too damn hard. Screw it.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

walk up to the tv and turn it on there. then you can flip the channels too. :)

Anonymous said...

I like reading your missives. Guess I ought to move on to one of your books.

doreenmary said...

Spidey, if you flip the channels from the TV, it changes cable settings and then you get that lovely BLUE screen. You have to change the cable box, but sometimes nothing happens. Oh, and if you don't turn off all the buttons, the TV comes on in the middle of the night, which is a find and dandy thing when you're sleeping.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones