Blog Archive

Ch-Ch-Changes! Turn and Face the Change....

So many times I've come to this blog and pondered whether to tell you or not, what I'm about to share. I've delayed this because it's never easy to speak of something in life that represents failure and it takes great courage to stand tall amid adversity. But here I am... and I'll just say it.

After 26 years together, nearly 22 of those married, Mark and I are divorcing. Our final court date is in September. The kids and I are moving on August 1st (locally) to a lovely townhouse.

There is no drama to tell. We are all, "OK". We will survive and we are optimistic about the future. While divorce is a major life transition and so many times the splitting up is bitter and painful, as for my view, I do not see it that way at all. A man I've known since age 16, father of my children, I shall not dis all the years that were cherished. For me, love never dies, even when you can no longer be partners.

I believe life is a journey and the road is rocky sometimes. We have choices to be a victim of experiences or learn and grow in grace to "become" more. I'm not going to stand here and belabor the trials and tribulations or what I've "been through" or what mental reconciliations I've had to make with this life decision/change/acceptance... I'm learning boundaries as far as what I need to share with others and what I can hold close to my heart in private. All I need to say to you is this is the way it is.

I've learned that divorce is as much a spiritual, mental process as it is a physical one. I have profound sensitivity for those who have already journeyed this way, who are in the middle of it, or who ponder it. Such courage is needed...it's amazing. Surreal.

I will be updating you on the events of the move... right now as I pack up boxes, my house looks like Sanford & Son (anyone remember that show?) There is so much to do....

That's the story.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

i am sorry to hear of your divorce.
although not all together suprised as i sensed some unhappiness with you in your life with him. your attitude with cherishing the good times will surely help you through this. i wish the best for all of you.

doreenmary said...

Thanks, Spidey. You're wonderful.

mavis sidebottom said...

Im sorry, but sometimes you dont realise you've been in a cage until someone opens the door and you walk out. Good luck and remeber sex with strangers is excellent ;)

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Good luck to you Doreen

doreenmary said...

Nice to hear from you, Orbie. Thank you tons.

Anonymous said...

Doreen- I appreciate how hard it must be to share this with us. I don't know what to say except that you seem very grounded and sure that something positive will come of the changes in all of your lives. Best wishes for you and all your family.

Anonymous said...

I saw this coming, and I think you will do marvelous as a single woman. -blu

doreenmary said...

Thank you so much, Sheila & Blu.

Roger D. Curry said...

Confession - Girlfriend demanded that I sell a bunch of guns. I did so. Stupidly. And then I learned a valuable lesson. Love is fleeting. A good gun is forever.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones