Blog Archive

On Faking Yourself Out...

I want to know if I am the only person who has clocks at home set 10 minutes fast so I'm not late places. That my car clock is about 4 minutes fast, too, makes me happy when I have to be somewhere on time and I realize that I have a "cush" of extra time.

OK, I know intellectually that what I am doing isn't logical, but still...sometimes I forget the time is set ahead and I do benefit from it.

What do you think of this? Do you set your clocks ahead so you can steal time? Know somebody who does that? Did we learn to do this or just a trick we somehow find works?

And why is it that some people are chronically late in all things...even things they want to do very much? I am one of those constantly late people. What's up with that?

3 comments:

mavis sidebottom said...

I cant do late I am chronically early for everything I always catch the bus before the bus thats the right bus to catch .I blame my father who is much the same

Brenda said...

i am about to tell you what goes on around here,with our bedroom clock radio. the clock is set 1 hour and 15 minutes ahead. not because of me. bigjoe does this to trick himself into waking up at the ungodly hour of 4:30. somehow it makes him feel better to see the clock say 5:30. the extra 15 minutes gives him a chance to wake up slow and still have that hour he has given himself. this is fine and dandy until it is time to reset the clock for daylight savings time or when it turns to regular time again. then it is big puzzle about what time to put on the clock. and what time he should set the alarm for. it is a long standing joke around here.

Roger D. Curry said...

As laid back as I am everywhere else, on time I'm anal. I set my watch weekly by time.gov, the atomic clock thing. I also track the seasons, phase of the moon and where the planets are in the sky. It's an orientation thing.

I know this is a weird week, dearest, and I send you love.

R

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones