Blog Archive

"My Space" is NOT really for Grown-Ups.

So yea... I've had a MY SPACE page for quite some time cuz, well, doesn't everyone? But I didn't invest the time in how to PIMP MY MYSPACE, so it's just sort of a presence to link people here to this blog, where I do spend more of a focus. Anyway, long story longer.... I just realized something...

MY SPACE is not really for grown ups who don't get it!!

Here's the story:

I updated my "marital status" at the My Space profile and put a few fun photos up of me/my kids. Anyway, I started getting these emails... So and So wants to be your friend, click to add them to your My Space, blah blah blah...

So naive me is thinking, Oh cool! Old friends have found me and want to stay in touch. Yay! And I see in these emails I don't recognize their names or pics, but maybe time does that and, but, um... I'm sure I'll figure it out, so I'm clicking "OK" to all these emails to add new friends...

UNTIL... I realize.... heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... all the requests are coming from men! And I checked their profiles and some of them are kinda horn-doggy looking.

"KELLLLLY!"... I yelled down the hall at my house....I called in my MySpace expert daughter to look at my computer... "What does THIS mean about friend requests? I've been clicking "OK"... what am I doing?"

She starts shaking her head at her mother's pathetic-ness. "You need to delete all them pervs and not let EVERYONE in..." Click. Click. Click. She fixes my account. And she tells me there are bad people in the world and I should be more careful. I'm wondering who's the mother and who's the daughter?

Anyway... now I get it. MY SPACE Is a pickup place, for the most part. Did you know this?!

Good God, I'm never going to integrate well into the Divorced/Single category. Is this what all the My Space Hullaballoo is about? Is this all that people think about?

Good God. Help me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do Facebook instead. Becoming more popular with a more mature crowd. -blu

mavis sidebottom said...

Basil has a face book page he has more friends than me its depressing

Anonymous said...

Doreen - Come back and post on our site - anotherbookshelf.com - emma is gone, so you may actually enjoy it now.

Roger D. Curry said...

Impossible. Balderdash. There is no pickup place on Earth, physical or virtual, of which I am ignorant.

Modestly,
R

mavis sidebottom said...

actually I hate to admit it but I think it was me not emma who made naff leave but I have apologised

doreenmary said...

Mavis, Under what psuedoname were you at the book shelf? Are you meme/mum? The U.K. chick with the beautiful dog? Even if you are her, it wasn't mum who made NAF (me) leave. I enjoyed mum's humor greatly.

mavis sidebottom said...

yeah thats me

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones