Blog Archive

Sprinkles of Surprises and Nuggets of Wisdom....

Each day I arise from sleep with optimism for the day... I simply MUST get up and find out what will happen in the next chapter of my life! It's just a matter of time, right? I mean, the shit of life... the real pits can't last forever, even though it seems it does. Something good has GOT to come my way once in a while.

Today was like colorful confetti blasting all around...... even getting in my nose and mouth from smiling so much.

No, nothing major.. I didn't win the lottery, get a promotion or overcome some grand disability.... but I did make a human connection, a new friend... the kind of person who enters your world and changes it forever... a like-minded person who validates the thinking so many people "don't get"... who shares philosophy, wit and sees deeper than the surface.

Thank you, Ma'am, if you're reading this... for the Starbucks slushy coffee blend and the academic geek talk, the girl talk... and making a memory. You are a guru, a mentor and a lady with whom to reckon. And every patron in the coffee shop wanted "in" the events of the day and a piece of the hands-on work we made into fun... And there is work to do and lots of opportunity. You are going to be famous!

I've often described an overriding feeling in my life of each day being a dog who plays with cats (dogs and cats can get along just fine)... but to find another dog (like me) to play with and work on life goals/dreams sure is a fine thing.

A project is in the works... and I'll be blogging about THAT in the near future.

Today, I celebrate a new friendship.

3 comments:

Roger D. Curry said...

Cosmic, dearest.

R

Jilly said...

"Each day I arise from sleep with optimism for the day... I simply MUST get up and find out what will happen in the next chapter of my life!"

you're too happy in the morning.

every day of the week i get up at 5am and in seconds think "Lord we need to hit the lottery so we can get a nanny and i can sleep until 8am. i remember sleeping until noon in my distant past, and it was great. i wonder how much we'd have to win so i could sleep in until 8 AND take a nap at noon?

i love my daughter, but she's got my mom's sleeping pattern down. get up at 5am, go back to bed at 11am, up again at noon, back to bed at 3:30, up at 4, and back to bed between 7:30 and 8. i'm never going to be able to sleep in again until i'm too old to appreciate it. i almost considered switching from high school to elementary school until i found out that i couldn't nap at nap time. what a rip-off that is.

and the thing that REALLY pisses me off is now that i'm used to up at 5am 7 days a week, i can't sleep in even if someone else takes pity on me on the weekends and tries to let me sleep in.

jilly

Brenda said...

that is great. i am glad you found a new friend.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones