Blog Archive

Easy Dinner - My Kids Love This.

I've modified the various recipes you see in cookbooks or on the back of the Jilly corn muffin mix box because... well, mine's the best.... I like my cornbread a little sweet (so I add sugar)... And I've added chicken to to the recipe, so now the whole thing is DINNER IN ONE DISH!

Main Course:

Doreen's Chicken Cornbread Casserole

1 regular size can whole kernel corn, drained
1 regular size can creamed corn
1/4 c. white sugar
2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 container sour cream - 16 oz.
1-2 cans (6 oz.) chicken meat, drained (or use leftover boneless, skinless chicken)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Mix all ingredients. Bake in casserole dish or 9"x13" baking dish for about 40 minutes or until fully cooked in center (Stick a knife in it & make sure it comes out clean and not gooky).

This makes a great side dish for office Thanksgiving buffets and it's inexpensive to make.

1 comments:

Jilly said...

jilly corn mufin mix? did you have me on the brain?

i love casseroles and soups. i've been living of soup for a few weeks now. i'm going to put a chicken in the pressure cooker and make some spicey chicken soup and use either couscous or wild rice instead of noodles, not sure yet.

thanks for the recipe.

jilly

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones