Blog Archive

Don't Cook & Text.

There was a little kitchen fire situation this morning, but it's OK, it's out now.

I put my electric kettle on the stove burner and turned the stove on. I don't know why--it's supposed to go on an electric thingy on the counter. Surely this happened because I was texting and distracted, possibly compounded by the fact I had been stove queen lately with all the party cooking and it was a habit thing.

Anyway, next thing I knew, flames...and a black smoke took over the kitchen, bringing the kids out of their rooms early A.M. from the smell. I quickly removed the kettle and its burning rubber bottom and got it in the sink. I turned off the burner. I sent them the kids back to bed, I had it under control.

When the stove cooled, I was able to scrub off the plastic burned-on plastic.

My house doesn't have that holiday cinnamon candle scent any more, which means my holidays are officially over.

It's OK now. You may resume your blogging activities.

1 comments:

Roger D. Curry said...

Sometimes, posts or articles push buttons for little (true) vignettes in my mind based on past experiences, in this case that of a kitchen fire. Many of them however, the one stimulated today included, sadly are not appropriate for publication.

Followers

There was an error in this gadget