Blog Archive

A Shallow Blog Entry All About Me...



Ya know. My last hair cut was December 11th or so, unless you want to count the numerous times I used the paper scissors in my bathroom to cut off whatever pieces of hair weren't laying right these past 4 or 5 months. I rather pride myself on the dollars I spare from girly-girl expenditures that other ladies make regular events. I also take pride in finding cool stuff to wear from thrift shops. You see... I'm past the one year mark of being divorced now, a single mom with kids in college, working two jobs and a student myself... my credit is shot and I live on cash. I'm learning to live all over again. Different. Alone.

And you know what? I "get it" I finally "get it". Life dreams have to be modified in mid-life. You have to accept that the fairy tale got a little messed up. But that doesn't mean life is over. This bitch is on her way to coming back... I have been humbled and I still am. I'm starting over and reinventing my entire world.

I digress a moment. Alex, are you checking your calendar and noting the tone of this blog entry as it coincides with the moon, the tides, and a female cycle? Heh....

Today, I indulged. The spring is almost summer in Florida and I not only got my hair cut & styled, I went for the highlights. Only I shopped around and got the whole deal for $51 before tip (another $10 smackers). It's not something I can regularly afford to maintain, but hopefully I can make this last a couple of months.

And I feel WONDERFUL and human again and all about me.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

it looks very cute. you have inspired me.

mavis sidebottom said...

Lol I love it when you have pms :D

Anonymous said...

What Alex said...

Jilly said...

i made a nice comment here and before i hit send, we lost power for a day, so yay hair! and it's okay to treat yourself every so often. I go every 2 months to get my hair done because i feel like i'm worth it. however, almost everything i own is second-hand (but i refuse to own second hand underwear, bras or shoes), so there's the sacrifice.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones