Blog Archive

Update Just for Mavis Sidebottom

I feel as if my ovaries are about to explode. I want chocolate. I got up this morning, noticed more gray roots than I care to see and before I even had my morning coffee I went up to Walgreens to get a box of hair color. Now... to do my roots and save the expensive "highlight" work I had done last month.... Nothing's ever easy, is it?

I am about to send off my dissertation for ethics review today (which will tie it up for a month) and I will not have any scholarly work to do for the next few weeks and this frightens me because now I will have time on my hands and no excuses for all the things I have excuses for not doing. I was thinking this morning I need to clean my garage because I still have unpacked boxes from when I moved last year and this makes me feel like a curly tailed piggy, disgusted with myself. For shame!

I watered the flowers today because I've been such a lazy slacker and I really must take better care of things. What is wrong with me?

Woe. I have so much work to do to become a better person.

(Mavis... happy now?)

13 comments:

Jilly said...

what's the number of boxes in your garage have to do with being a better or good person? do what you can and let the rest go woman, no one expects perfection. sheesh don't beat up on yourself like that.

mavis sidebottom said...

yes thanks :D

doreenmary said...

OK Jilly. Heh.

Brenda said...

thanks jilly. that made me feel better too. ;)
doreen, now that you don't have a lot to do, you can amuse my by posting more often.

MelissaTheRagamuffin said...

How is it that Mavis, You, and Me all seem to be syncronized to eachother and we don't live anywhere near eachother.

You never e-mailed me with your Diva Cup wisdom!

doreenmary said...

My ovaries just exploded.

Jilly said...

thanks doreen, i have a need to eat enough dark chocolate to kill a large dog and my tits are sore. what a friend you are. your ovaries exploded so hard they took mine along for the ride. oh and i've got a zit. i haven't had a zit in about 2 years. happy freaking saturday.

i'll be the ball of sunshine at an annoying toodler birthday party wishing someone else drove so i can sneak a rum and coke or something to get me through and curbbing the need to hit some ele's kid or my crack whore cousin who recently had her kids taken from by state because she's a crack whore, but feels the need to tell the rest of us how to parent. this is why i was fat.

around what age do the birthday parties stop and we can just take the kids out to dinner somewhere and hand them some cash and a card?

doreenmary said...

I love you, Jillybeans! You crack me up!

doreenmary said...

I don't have your email address, Melissa. Email me at doreenmary@earthlink.net for Diva Cup wisdom.

doreenmary said...

Spidey.... I'm going to your spider web right now...

Brenda said...

wow,all this menstral talk makes me glad i am drying up and only have my period 3 times a year. i am waiting for it to stop permanently. i am on the very edge of menapause, so says the dr. i only get really bitchy 3 times a year as compared to just bitchy all the time.
doreen, as much as i would like to say it, the picture is not of my porch but a restaurant where we were dining.

Rosary said...

UH, I have unpacked boxes in my garage from moving, and that was FIVE years ago, and I'm still one damned good person (though, of course, there is always roomf or improvement.)

doreenmary said...

Thank you, Rosary!

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones