Blog Archive

Technology Whore and Good Times

I haven't been blogging because ever since I renegotiated my cell phone contract, I was able to get a data plan and, as such, have moved from the beloved Blackberry to a spiffy Android phone. I haven't been seen since... just lost in my new toy. Learning a touch keypad wasn't easy and I'm still pretty slow, but there's nothing quite as fun as a good text banter or fight... I just need practice.

So... Android kicks butt and I've downloaded a bunch of Apps. I'm telling you this because I like the word, "Apps" - don't I sound so hip and cool? But seriously, if anyone reads this and wants to talk about the greatest new 'Droid Apps... here I am.

I feel like having a margarita and putting a lampshade on my head and dancing with myself. I have had enough workaholism for a time. This weekend is a mini vacation on the beach! Woo hoo! Trying to get a lot done the next couple of days so I can relax - guilt free. I can't remember the last time I just threw up my arms and gave into hedonistic pleasures under the sun. Music, friends, my kids, good food, laughter, and drinks with little umbrellas in them.

I am feeling light and fun and ready to play!

Happy Fourth of July!

2 comments:

Jilly said...

when we got new phones a few months back the man tried to talk my guy into a droid, but really, neither of us really have a need. i got another chocolate because i actually use the music function on the phone and you're right, the touch screen is different. i crocheted a little kaboodle for my phone to keep the screen nice and pretty. yes, it has the invisible coating, but i just can't help but not trust it. plus, people love my kaboodle and ask me where i bought it!

my guy likes his envy (or however it's spelled, i'm not a l33t speak expert) so perhaps a droid will be in the next upgrade we get in a little under 2 years? by then, everything on the droid and iphone will be standard and we won't feel like douches paying for stuff that's automatic!

i'm glad you love your phone and actually use it. have you used the GPS function on the phone? i liked the car find function the salesdude showed us when he was pushing the droid, but not enough to get a droid and pay that much money. my chocolate has a gps function, but they wants $10 a month for it, so no thanks, i'll stick with my garmin that's stashed in the glovebox.

jilly

MelissaTheRagamuffin said...

I'm kind of thinking that I want an Android for my next phone.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones