Blog Archive

A Hell of A Lot of Flip Flops, Crocs, Running Shoes and More

I need advice. We've been living in our new townhouse for about a month (luff it!) and a little "trend" has started that I need to get control of and don't know how....
.
Upon entry to the house, there is a long hallway. Each of us kicks off our shoes at the doorway and leaves them there. We are NOT Japanese. This was never established as a rule, and it's not like we have some fancy shmancy white carpeting that can't handle dirt from shoes (we have tile and hardwood floors). So this is just the thing we do. And there the shoes stay...

I need something that allows the freestyle kick of off-taking of the shoes, but puts them neatly aside. I thought of some sort of shoe rack, but you know no one will make the effort to put them in cubbies or on little hook thingies. I then thought of some sort of basket, long and skinny, but that might make a mass of shoes mixed up and impossible to find later. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

doreenmary said...

What do you think about having a side bench/seat under which the shoes could go?

Anonymous said...

I have something akin to a floormat you'd put in the car that has turned up edges and made of industrial grade rubber. Shoes go in - dirt stays in. Doesn't take up much more than about 3'x18" of space. It may have been acquired at a Home Depot sort of place.

M

mavis sidebottom said...

hahah My front hall looks exactly the same.When I move this time Im looking for a answer too , no way will my kids put then in on above anything

Jilly said...

my dad's mother had a plastic coated house and the first thing everyone did when coming in was remove their shoes. i never minded b/c i hate wearing shoes. at ehr funeral, everyone took off their shoes and my dad's brother got upset and said that people could leave tehir shoes on for a funeral. old habits die hard i guess.

Brenda said...

looks like my mess. my daughter owns about 100 pairs of flipflops and they are all by the back door. once in a while i pick them all up and fling them in her room.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones