Blog Archive

When it rains....

I need a dog whisperer. If weather conditions aren't ideal, my chihuahuas won't go outside. When it's wet outside (even if it's no longer raining), I have to physically carry them to the outside. And then they stand there like assholes doing nothing...both of them. I know they're Mexican and still learning English, "Make da weewees outsiiiiiiiiiide!" still....Sometimes I think they really do understand and are just being defiant, especially when they flip me the paw.

And so I have puppy pads on the floor, but sometimes even with that option, they stand ON the puppy pad and pee OFF the pad and onto the floor. What's with that?

4 comments:

Jilly said...

my sister taught her pug to use a litter box for the same reason. you might want to try it, they now have dog litter, from what she says. i know it's stupid to "give in" but personally, i'd rather clean a litter box than to clean piss and poop off the floor or put down pads that they may or may not use and then be constantly worried that my house smelled long after the mess was clean. good luck.

jilly

doreenmary said...

Thanks, Jilly. Already tried it. They ate the litter (made 'specially for dogs) and didn't understand the concept.

Anonymous said...

Doreen, You have to give them credit for trying. Here's what I do, those wee wee pads are too small especially for boy puppies. Go to the drugstore and buy the extra large adult pads (the flat ones that need to be folded). Much bigger, less room for error and a third the price.-blu

doreenmary said...

Damn, Blu, you were right. A dozen puppy pads at the petstore.. $12.99. Same size, better quality adult incontinence pads at Wally World, $5.87. THANKS!

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones